Call For Presentations
The Call for Presentations is now open. Presentations may be Full length (50 min), Half length (25 min) or Lightning talks (10 min).
Full and half length presentations include time for audience interaction. Facilities will be a lecture with data projector.
Lightning talks are short talks/presentations that last no more than 10 minutes. This is a good opportunity to introduce a new project or tool. Slides have to be submitted beforehand to allow a quick progression of talks.
Examples of topics for presentations include (but are not limited to):
- audio and video applications on Linux
- Linux for digital audio workstations and musical instruments
- video editing and postproduction on Linux
- low latency and reliable audio and video in the Linux kernel and userspace
- systems for connecting music, processing and control hardware
- media frameworks: gstreamer, xine, ffmpeg, etc.
- core Linux audio subsystems: Jack, ALSA, LADSPA, OSS, libsydneyaudio etc.
- software synthesis and sequencing applications
- recording, editing and mastering applications
- audio and video file formats and codecs
- streaming and network services for audio and video
- telephony and speech technologies
- video conferencing
Presentations must relate to Free and open source software and/or open standards.
Please note that in order to give a presentation you must be signed up for the main conference.
To submit a talk, please send the following information to lca-mm(at)annodex.net:
- Company or Affiliation:
- Title of talk:
- Proposed Length of Talk:
- Short abstract (100-300 words):
Please note all the above may be published on the miniconf homepage.
Dates and Deadlines
To allow presenters to organise their trip in a timely fashion, we are attempting to finalise as much of the programme as early as possible. Thus we aim to publish an initial programme at the beginning of December made up of papers submitted by the 30th of November. We will be flexible for later submissions, but please respect that early-comers will have priority.
- Sept 2007 - Call for Presentations distributed
- 30th Nov 2007 - Deadline for submissions
- 15th Dec 2007 - Programme published
- 28 Jan 2008 - Miniconf